Friday, October 31, 2014

This is from a few nights ago, but Stephen Colbert's take down of Louie Gohmert is something that should not be missed.

To play video click the Gohmert
"People have said to me 'Stephen you gotta understand you don't even know your history. You're dumb, you're dense. You're a mental midget with an IQ of a butter dish whose mind is a black hole that sucks all surrounding thought into it in an infinite singularity of pure stupidity. Stephen I'm surprised you can dress yourself. I bet you have to rub peanut butter inside your lips to remember to open your mouth to breathe. I have never met, and I hope to never meet again, a man so pervasively, astoundingly, unyieldingly, ignorant.' To which I say well then you haven't met Louis Gohmert."

God that was a thing of beauty.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:33 AM

    I can't be the only one who will miss The Colbert Report when he moves to Late Night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:59 AM

    I can't believe that idiot is a congress person...? He is so fucking stupid? Why would you vote for such a person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Absolutely excellent commentary by Colbert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And leave my asparagus alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will miss the Colbert Report.

    I just hope Stephen will be able to continue his wit and wisdom when he takes over Late Night. Maybe they'll allow him some free rein during the monologue, if there is one.

    Of course, I will also miss the Top Tens. Unless David Letterman "wills" them to Stephen and his writers take up the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect put down! He's also correct about Gohmert, he's got to be the dumbest congressman ever to sit in Congress. His constituents must be as dumb as he is to elect him to Congress, or they are seriously embarrassed they elected him. But, honestly, what can you expect from someone from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:19 PM

    I encountered Gohmert on the street outside the Capitol Building in 2011. I'd gone to DC for the day, I'd walked the length and breadth of the Mall, and I was seated on a bench relaxing for a few moments.

    Gohmert and an entourage walked past me. As he did so, I suddenly felt dumber, as though there were a cloud of stupidity that cloaked him. When he passed, I felt better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:54 PM

    Hard to believe, but Gohmert is a lawyer and former judge. I was floored when I learned that. I am a retired lawyer, and can tell you: there was no one nearly that dumb in my graduating class.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.